09 October 2011

"Supercommittee" members get more $$$$

In August, shortly after the "supercommittee was formed, I posted one Congressman's skepticism re the independence of the committee members.

In September, Salon noted the extensive connections between the supercommittee members and the defense industry.

Now a new report indicates that military contractors, pharmaceutical companies, Goldman Sachs, and Comcast are continuing to give substantial bribes campaign contributions to these committee members. 

$83,000 in the last 3-week reporting period.  Detaiils at Salon.

2 comments:

  1. The "best" government money can buy; or, How do you spell CORRUPTION? I guess I need to get more involved in Occupy Wall Street. The ubber-rich are destroying our democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should all just come out and say that these contributions are bribes. In fact, I think I shall refer to them as such from now on.

    It's time to call a spade a spade. The future of our country is is serious jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...